Thursday 17 October 2013

What is the best baby carrier?

I want to buy the best baby carrier for my baby. Can you suggest what brand?

Oh....

That is a tough question and I do get that A LOT.

It's pretty subjective too.

What works best for me may not work best for you... and vice versa.

It's as if people asking you which clothes do you like best... or which brand of shoes is your favorite? And asking you to suggest which brand works well for them.

So my advise is.... read lots of reviews and TRY before you purchase.

There is Malaysian Babywearers group in Facebook you can join. Sometimes there will be gatherings or meet ups where you can try lots of carriers... be it SSC (soft structured carrier), wraps, mei tais, pouches, ring slings etc.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/malaysianbabywearers/

Other alternative is, you can go to shops that have the baby carriers for you to try. I don't have a shop, but I welcome visitors/potential customers to come to my house and try baby carriers (with appointments).

Or last but not least, you can rent the carrier first. Use it for 1-2 weeks and see how you like it. Quite pricey at first cos you have to pay deposit and postage fees, but hey, at least you will know for sure how the carrier feels like when you carry your child for hours in it! (you cant put your child in ssc that you try in shops more than 1 hour, can you? Else the salesgirl will give you a knowing smile... =D)

So yeah... it's a tough question. Usually I will suggest based on what carriers I sell only. :)

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Buying a wrong baby carrier for your baby can end up in supplying discomfort to the baby and parents, as well. For more information about baby carrier, check our eBay store here: Baby Wrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hye..kt lumut perak kt mne ye? Sy dduk dlm base navy.. igt nk dtg try carrier nt.. would u mine texting me soon? Ira 0196932825

    ReplyDelete